Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Karzai & Zinat



Karzai to his spouse Zinat:
Be quite sure that reconciliation with Taliban is not a detriment to afghan women.

Zinat:
I’m scared. I have some bitter memories from Taliban period when you were a member of them and I spent several years at home without leaving even for seconds. I’m scared if Taliban come to Palace, I would not be able anymore to leave my room, meeting you in your workroom.

Karzai:
But it passed. We had better days during last 10 years. I’m the President and you are the First Lady. We passed the bitter memories.

Zinat:
You became the President and we came to the Palace. But I’ve not left the Palace since 10 years. I would like to go out, walking in the Shahre Naw streets, buying a dolly for our son Mirwais. I would like to watch Kabul and its new changes every day.

Karzai:
You’re enjoying the best conditions of life here. Why you want to leave, walking in the streets? It’s unsecured outside.

Zinat:
So why don’t you take me with you in your abroad trips?! It’s unsecured too?!

Karzai:
My abroad trips are very significant. I don’t do that to have fun. If I were not obligated, I wouldn’t go. I meet the important officials of the countries, talking about the future of Afghanistan very seriously. These trips are so boring.

Zinat:
Take me with you anyhow. You go through your important meetings and Mirwais and I would have fun.

Karzai:
Not possible!

Zinat:
Why?!

Karzai:
Statesmen are not used to take their wives with them. It’s very bad.

Zinat:
But Obama takes his wife and daughters with him on missionary trips.

Karzai:
But Obama is different. If I take you with me, people would mock me. My relatives and tribe don’t like a couple walking together.

Zinat:
So what to do? Till when I should stay here in the Palace?! I’m tired.

Karzai:
Zinat! You’re making me angry. I have prepared the best facilities for you. Instead of thanking, you always grumbling! Leave me alone please! I’ve lots of work to do.

Zinat:
But try to understand me! Think a little of me and Mirwais!

Karzai:
Leave! Me! Alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment